We'll update this information as needed between now and September 24, so stay tuned!
- A "Reunion Program" was emailed to all classmates today; look for it in your inbox!
- The Reunion Program is a PDF document that contains maps and other images, so it is rather large (2MB) and might not make it through some of your email providers. If you don't receive it, contact Bob and we'll figure out a work-around.
- It's still not too late to sign up for the Saturday evening affair; just give Bob or Gil or Georgiana or Judy G. a call, or send an email to:
- OR JUST SHOW UP! We would all love to see you! (But bring a check if you decide to attend the Saturday dinner at the last minute).
- Don't forget to bring your digital camera and take lots of pictures! We'll post them ALL on the web after the event.
- And don't forget to check the FAQ at the bottom of this page for information of special interest!
CLASSMATES AND REUNION ATTENDEES, as of September 20:
- At least 65 classmates plan to attend the Reunion, and total attendance will be over 100.
- Some classmates are attending just the events that fit their schedule, such as the Pizza Party and/or the CCHS tour. Those of you who have other plans for Saturday evening can do this too...we'd all love to see you!
It's still not too late to sign up for the Saturday evening dinner dance! Just give Bob or Gil or Georgiana or Judy G. a call, or send an email to:
THE REUNION - FRIDAY EVENING (September 23, 2011):
Pizza Party at the Nanuet Restaurant!
- What? Pizza, beer, talk!
- When? Friday, September 23, 2011
7:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Where? The Nanuet Restaurant
211 South Main Street
- How? Cash bar and food
(Note: cash only)
- Who? Reunion attendees, all other classmates, spouses, significant others, teachers, and others closely associated with the CCHS Class of 1961!
(But please: no children, grandchildren, hobbits, orks, X-Men, or others not known to the majority of the class)
- Dress? Come as you are; travel clothes, jeans, whatever
- Name Tags? Will be provided!
- Thanks! To Vito Delucia for setting this up, and to Mary Chamberlain (Vito's sister and the proprietor of the Nanuet Restaurant) for accommodating us!
Been away from Rockland County for a while? Directionally challenged? You will find directions to the restaurant on their web site, here: Nanuet Restaurant
THE REUNION - SATURDAY MORNING (September 24, 2011):
Tour of "Clarkstown Junior-Senior High School" as we knew it
(it's now "Clarkstown High School North")
- What? Coffee, cookies, tour!
- When? Saturday, September 24, 2011
10:00 AM to about noon
- Where? Clarkstown High School North
151 Congers Road
New City, NY
- How? Meet in the school lobby
- Who? The tour is for Reunion attendees, other classmates, spouses, and significant others.
(Space is limited; please check with Bob if you have identified others you believe would enjoy the tour)
- Dress? Come as you were then, or wear casual (school appropriate!) duds
- Thanks! To Elena Del Gaudio (Williams) who arranged the tour and refreshments, and to our tour guide Harry Leonardatos, current principal of CHS North!
Been away from Rockland County for a while? Directionally challenged? Came to school on the bus? You will find directions to the school on their web site, here:
Clarkstown High School North
THE REUNION - SATURDAY AFTERNOON (September 24, 2011):
Lunch and talk with the peer group of your choice
- What? Lunch and talk!
- When? Saturday, September 24, 2011
After the tour and before the evening affair
- Where? Venue of your choice
(we will provide a list of local restaurants and delicatessens)
- How? Shape up, people! Call your posse! Contact old friends! You've got the Class Roster, so call around and find some buds and do lunch!
No going back to the hotel for a nap (except bored spouses)!
- Who? Feel free to gather with the classmates, teachers, children, grandchildren, hobbits, orks, and X-Men of your choice.
- Dress? Same as tour, or change
- Thanks! To Brian O'Leary, Jill Ferguson, Bill Katt, Georgiana Halliday (Gierisch), Wendy Palmatier (Watanabe) and all the others who worked hard to track us all down!
Been away from Rockland County for a while? Directionally challenged? Get a GPS!
(not to worry; we'll provide directions to the restaurants and delicatessens, as well)
A special opportunity! There is a "CCHS Classes of the 60's" picnic in Congers on Saturday afternoon, September 24, noon to dusk.
We have been invited to join them; details are here: CCHS Picnic
There is a modest charge, and you must bring your own lunch, but this might be a great place to get together and, perhaps,
connect with old friends from other classes!
THE REUNION - SATURDAY EVENING (September 24, 2011):
The Main Event!
- What? Cocktail hour, dinner and dancing!
- When? Saturday, September 24, 2011
6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Where? Regency Conference and Banquet Center
Comfort Inn & Suites
425 East Route 59
(near the intersection of Rte. 59 & the Palisades Interstate Parkway)
- How? Cash bar for the cocktail hour (and throughout the evening); a champagne toast is included with dinner (other wine will be available at the cash bar).
- Who? The Saturday evening affair, including the cocktail hour, is open to paid attendees and invited guests.
- Dress? Dressy casual preferred (Men - collared shirt, slacks, jackets optional: Women - dress or skirt or dressy pants, sweater or dressy top)
- Thanks! To Georgiana Halliday (Gierisch) for chairing this event, and to Judy Goldstein (Jacobs) for all her efforts!
Been away from Rockland County for a while? Can't find Rte. 59 OR the Parkway?
You will find directions to the Comfort Inn and the Regency Conference and Banquet Center on their web site, here:
Comfort Inn & Regency Banquet and Conference Center
THE REUNION - SUNDAY MORNING (September 25, 2011):
A Getaway Breakfast
- What? Breakfast and Goodby at a local restaurant
- When? Sunday, September 25, 2011
Arrive between 10:00 AM and 10:30 AM
- Where? The Cheesecake Factory
Palisades Center Mall
1612 Palisades Center Drive
West Nyack, NY
(there is an outside entrance on the Rte. 59 (west) side of the mall)
- How? Separate checks; credit cards, etc., are accepted.
- Who? Whomsoever you wish to bring.
- Dress? Mall appropriate attire.
- Thanks! To Brooke DeGroat for suggesting this and setting it up!
Been away from Rockland County since they built the mall?
You will find directions to the Palisades Center on their web site, here:
THE REUNION - Questions? Corrections? Clarifications?
Send them on to:
- We'll post all your questions about the Reunion and the answers here! (latest question first)
- Q: What is the cost of the the Sunday brunch at the Cheesecake Factory?
A: Don't know yet...will find out today (Tuesday, September 20) and post it here and on the class Facebook page.
- Q: How will the bar work on Saturday evening?
A: There will be a cash bar operating throughout the evening, for the cocktail hour and during the (buffet) dinner. There will also be a champagne toast during the evening, which is included with the cost of the event. There will not be wine on the tables during dinner (this was misstated in an earlier update).
- Q: Who can attend the Reunion events?
A: Note that all classmates are invited to the Friday, Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday events, as are teachers and others closely associated with the class. The Saturday evening affair, including the cocktail hour, is open to paid attendees and invited guests.
- Q: What's happening Friday night?
A: It's a very informal affair! Come in your travel clothes or jeans or whatever. Have dinner, just nosh, or simply have a drink with old friends. We have a reserved space, but there will be separate checks. Payment is cash only; no checks, credit or debit cards. And please leave an appropriate tip for the folks who serve our group :-).
Take a look at the Clarkstown reunions home page to see information on other CCHS classes